Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Music and Movement....and laughter


Baby Sushi Pants!! Icky Baby!!! Kiddie Taiko!

I'm listening to "Don't Stand So Close to Me" by The Police as I type this and my little one is kind of swaying to Stewart Copeland's syncopated rhythms as she plays. All kids love music and mine are no different...I even tolerate Gabby's Russian Techno passion (Steve does not!) Olivia likes pretty much anything and Elora is more of a 70s Funk, Reggae and Rock n Roll lover.

When the chaos is overwhelming and I feel like I could break...I have found that if I dive into it and put on some music, the chaos gets directed into something really, really fun.

So here's some Music and Movement and chaos from the last month or so in our house. (I've edited out any frustrated mom and dad moments!)

This is Gabby, Ash (neighbor girl), Olivia and Elora watching a video on the computer.


Tena came to visit us for 3 days (too short, boohoohoo!) and got lots of snuggles. I was so excited I tried to "overplan" our time together and ended up scaling back my zealousness. But here's what we did do...Taiko, sushi, date night, perler beads, art day, pedestrian bridge, Reunion with band/choir geeks from high school, Wheatfield's breakfast and of course Christy Creme. Not too shabby for three days. See Tena and Kat's blogs for the art day fun!


And here's the laughter...


Here's my Taiko recital. The class was 9 weeks long. My friend Kat suggested it to me and it's been wonderful to spend time doing something fun and different with her. She and I are in the middle. Our instructor is pregnant with twins and was not able to make the performance last minute. Our juichi player (time keeper in the back) learned her part the hour before we performed. It was fun to perform in front of people again...it's been about 18 years! Steve didn't realize he had his finger over the speaker....you can't hear the speaking, but the drumming came through. The next video is the advanced class...so they have taken 2-3 9 week classes.


My friend Kathleen and I after the recital.
Everyone got an opportunity to "try out" the drums after the recital. Olivia's whole body shook when she hit the drums!


And one more!
This is my new camcorder and it's not the easiest to download!


5 comments:

  1. Ok ... very, very cool! Congratulations on a great performance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to love in this post. I'm overwhelmed!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little 'sweet child' can shake that thang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I freaking can't stand it. That Sweet Child O' Mine dance could be the cutest darned thing I've ever seen. It makes me weak!

    ReplyDelete