Monday, October 27, 2008

long October days

I look at the calendar and am still amazed that it is October. Despite my typical busy life (and a little extra right now) time is not flying by as usual. I am noticing this in a glorious way....not an impatient way. When I have those moments of realization that, yes, it is still October....I take a deep breath weighted with gratefulness. It all goes by so quickly....you know, when we aren't paying attention. I am paying attention -- for now. I take that deep breath and can almost see that Olivia and Elora are each a smidgeon different this morning...Olivia's feet look longer; Elora's belly looks slimmer. I can feel the wildlife around our house preparing to nestle down. The little branch of the oak tree that is out our front window still has all it's leaves and I have watched each one day by day turn to deep red orange. It's as if I can see the space in between objects, the flash that separates you and me, smiling at me and hoping I see the smile. I see it and thank you....

1 comment:

  1. Well, that was absolutely beautiful! I have no more words ... I'm going to just enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete