Monday, October 6, 2008

update


Wow...it has been awhile since I wrote. The last few weeks have felt exhausting....but all is well. Both kids are getting over some nasty colds. I took Elora to the Dr last Friday....this is the first time she has EVER been sick! She has a borderline ear infection on the left side...the dr and I decided to wait and see before giving her antibiotics...she is doing alot better now, so I think she got past it. Olivia has had a cold, but it doesn't stop her one bit! Elora is getting VERY fast in her movements now. She does this pivot that is hilarious. She's also chatting ALOT and she's at the point where she can squat and pick something up off the floor. She likes to give kisses (very wet ones!) and she will give you "five" and claps her hands alot. She really likes music...bounces up and down when she hears it. She LOVES to climb the stairs...so we have it blocked most of the time but let her climb her way up when it's bathtime.
Olivia was invited to a Halloween Party this last Sat...she went as Jessie from Toy Story 2. We bought the hat and wig and I made the rest... She says "Yippie oh cai yay, mamacita!" Too Funny! They had a bounce house at the party and a fire to roast hot dogs and smores and they were giving the kids rides up and down the hill on a cart. The neighbors had horses so Olivia pet and fed them. It was a beautiful evening, so since Olivia spent the entire time in the bounce house, Steve and I got to enjoy the sunset, time to talk and run after Elora. Olivia also went to Ditmar's Apple Orchard with her preschool last week...my folks went with her. Her swimming lessons are going very well...she's getting very smooth in the water.
Steve has had a few 60+ hour weeks, but this last one wasn't so bad. He's so good at his job...quite the diplomat! I have had an up and down week with sleeping again, but I have been able to cut down on the sleeping medication I have been taking either half or none -- I had 3 nights of ok sleep with out it...so I am thankful for that. Although...this morning I woke up at 4 am! Ah well!

Apple Orchard:
Halloween Party:

2 comments:

  1. Love O's costume!!! You're Supermom!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...

    Hey, I blog tagged you. Check out my blog for the rules if you want to play. :-)

    ReplyDelete