Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Weekly update



We went to the Pioneer Trail Pumpkin Patch last Sunday....It was an impromptu visit late in the afternoon on Sunday and we all had a lot of fun. They had a hay rack ride, which Elora LOVED and then there was a haunted barn that was fun and not too scary. Olivia was very sad when it was time to go because she wanted to stay and play on the playground they had which is where Steve and I found out that she could do this:


She amazes me!

Elora is finally over her ear infection, but still on the medication. I know she must have been in a lot of pain because she was VERY cranky and needy for two weeks! She is back to her happy, strong-willed self. She is LOVING books right now. Especially the kind that are touch and feel. When she wants to sit on your lap and read, she'll grab a book and thrust it in your face -- NOW! It means...no waiting. She'll go and get more, too -- it's wonderful....I LOVE that my kids love books.

I have really been trying to get this little pivot (PI-Vot! for you "Friends" lovers) that she does on video as well...she'll turn her upper body first and then her legs follow. It's so quick I can't believe she doesn't fall down...it reminds me of something that Grandma K did and we were all ALWAYS worried that she was going to fall and hurt herself.

4 comments:

  1. OK, weird. Yesterday I only saw the video of Olivia. Now there's all of this great stuff on there! Wheee!!!!

    Great girls. Great girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger was locking up when I was trying to post...so that was all the further I had gotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Diane... it was like a fun surprise to see the rest! Yea!

    ReplyDelete