Ok...I ADORE how kids learn languages!!! Olivia Pearl speaks very well and her vocabulary astounds me daily. Today she told me I was hilarious and many times she says "Mom, you are so ridiklus!" She also has a lovely little friend from whom she picks up all the "cool" language. I want her to be well-rounded, ya know. So, she is really getting to understand past tense and "multiple" items and she is constantly messing around with how she says these things. It's incredible. She is also at that stuttering stage, only she stutters about 4-5 words instead of one syllable. I constantly work on the patience one should have at such times! "I never fail, to fail -- it's the easiest thing to do."
Steve is also hilarious with his learning of the language...given that he has worked in construction for many years even though now he's behind the desk at the union hall...he can shock me at times with his "blue streak" as my Grandpa K. would say. Well, he caught himself mid-sentence as we had a tire blow out on the way to the zoo and out came "Oh sweet Mother of Pearl!!" We both looked at each other with the same thought and he said "I guess that would be YOU!"
Elora's language is at that stage of monosyllabic grunts and long vowels and quippy consonants. She has about 4 words somewhat down but can identify so much more.
6 years ago

OMG... Sweet Mother of Pearl is going to be my new saying. I was eating when I read that, and I spit all over the screen. So funny! I'm still chuckling to myself. I hope no one walks in. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm going to love reading your blog, btw... I already have yours on my blog list!