My Dad's pet name for me growing up was Traceea Darlioni...I didn't always love it...but I found myself calling the girls "darlionies" one day and kinda liked it! So here are some pictures from this week -- Olivia is 4 and a half and Elora will be one on Sept. 1.
I thought this one summed up siblings pretty well. Olivia reached over just as the picture took to "knock her on the head" as she calls it. They are both very loving with each other, but they are kids. Elora loves to yank on her hair and laughs with the "Ow" and "Stop that!" she receives. Olivia has a really sly tactic of pushing Elora with her foot when she thinks we aren't looking.

Is there anything sweeter than a sleeping babe!? I wanted to hold her for hours! I love trying to catch them when they aren't looking at the camera...this one is ok...still working on that GREAT shot!
Olivia LOVES winter...she keeps asking for the snow. So she decided she wanted to go "skiing" and we rigged her up an outfit. Her new words this week were "hideous" in regards to a scary monster that she saw and "disgusting" in reference to one of her sister's diapers. She starts preschool again next week....three days in the mornings. Her best friend Greenlee Spetman will be in the class again. They have had some playdates this summer...so cute together!
I decided to save the best for last. Olivia "sings" her emotions...especially sadness. This video doesn't do her justice with this little thing she does, but it's an example. You'll have to turn up the volume. In this one, she is just singing about what she sees out the window. If she isn't getting enough attention from Steve and I, she'll go and hide and we hear this little voice singing "My parents don't love me. Nobody loves me, I'm all alone." It's hard not to laugh. She also did quite an elaborate mournful "aria" when her cousin Gabby and Uncle Doug went back to Spain recently. "I love them so much and now they are gone. I'll never see them again....I love Gabby..." So sweet and hilarious!


Oh my heart... she seriously makes me ache when she does that little singing voice!!! I miss the girls!!!
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwwwwwwww... so cute, how I love your little "Darlionies!"
ReplyDeleteYou are so blessed, Mama T!