Steve took Friday and Monday off this last weekend and I, amazingly, did not have to work. I begrudgingly went to the Library Sunday because Olivia begged to go....but it was nice to have 4 days off. We went to the zoo Friday afternoon....Elora is become quite a walker...did really well with sloping and inclining roads. We got quite a show from the Gorilla's...the big male (Samson) kind of scared me a bit actually. Olivia is fascinated with turtles right now...there is a great exhibit on how baby turtles follow the moon back to the ocean....sometimes she'll stay at an exhibit or animal for a long time....last year she watched the warthogs for almost 30 min. Steve and I switched off on who got to sleep in and both got some alone time in for exercise. My folks watched the kids Sat and we went out...it was good, but we tend to count down the minutes together...ahhhh the carefree days of our youth! Steve and Olivia made me a cake on Sun...she LOVES to help bake AND she picked out a Star Wars card that she gave me on Monday -- cute! My parents came by Sunday night and gave me this awesome pineapple plant pot and we all had some cake. Steve let me sleep in on my birthday (Monday) and I got an hour to myself to do some Yoga...still need to create time for that!
It was a great weekend, but I found myself anxious and then a little grumpy. My birthday falls on the fall Equinox quite a bit -- I definitely feel a strong connection to this time of year. Maybe I was feeling the stirring of that this year, who knows. I am usually careful about expectations, but I think I had expectations (can't possibly tell you what they were!?) about the weekend and then nothing met my expectations. I feel like a spoiled kid who isn't happy with anything because I felt this way. I just don't know. Today I can look back and see that it was a perfectly wonderful weekend, so why was I so grumpy and disappointed yesterday? Birthday blues perhaps? Maybe knowing we start back to the weekly grind today? More opportunities of accepting and loving the way things are? Well, if I create my own reality, I'll choose the last one -- and feel that I should say thank you thank you thank you (even if I'm not completely feeling that gratitude...yet.)
ps -- If I'm sending messages up and out -- I could really use some easier sleep....I'm thankful to be well on my way past my 5 months of insomnia earlier this year, but getting to sleep easier would be always appreciated!!
6 years ago

Hey, I didn't know it was your birthday yesterday! Happy Birthday my wonderful friend!
ReplyDeleteLove you!!!!