Sunday, September 7, 2008

Baby feet...




I have a slight obsession with my children's feet and hineys (I decided not to include the hiney pics...trust me I have many!) I pinch their backsides way too much and I know it's sick, but I even love the smell of their feet from being in their footie pajama's...admittedly this becomes and less appealing as they increase in size. Olivia's has these long slender feet that enable her to have INCREDIBLE balance...she amazes me with that. She also can pick things up with her feet...something that I do as well. It's a convenience...I've always thought that in taking care of children, one should grow an extra appendage for each child because you always need another hand or arm to hold and carry....then the appendage can just fall off or something as the child grows. Either that or a marsupial pouch...that would be VERY beneficial! Elora's feet are these fat little rectangles....the only shoes that fit her are the soft soled Robeez style... She also always sits in "hero" pose...done it from the moment she started sitting up. So, now as she stands to walk...she doesn't bend forward and push up with her hands like most kids....she does this rather difficult push up with one leg...see below. She tries and tries until she gets it....she's so strong!!






3 comments:

  1. Hey, I think if you go in to edit the post, you can change the date... maybe at the bottom? This is the same issue I'm having with using this site for my Professional Development Portfolio.

    Loved hearing about Adventureland. Sorry I had to cut it short. They were already waiting on me, and I felt bad. Did you take pictures today? I bet Olivia's face was hilarious on some of those rides. When I was little, my favorite ride was the Scrambler. Do they even still have that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baby feet! And yes, they do smell good. But I even think Cloud's little feet smell cute...

    Great video, love how she stands up...she is 'freakishly strong.' ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can think of worse things than getting my wife's romance books at the library. My friend Jim has a dog that cannot resist a good skunk. The 'cure' is a secret recipe that a dog groomer friend gave them (supposed to work miracles) but the ingredient list includes buying all of the douches in supply from most of the area stores. Needless to say Jim's wife Cindy isn't having anything to do with that. Poor Jim!

    Nathan

    ReplyDelete